While you may have Goals created for you by Admin and Managers, you can also create Goals for yourself!
Creating a New Goal
1. Open the left navigation and click the Goals tab.
2. Click Create New Goal in the top right corner.
3. Complete the Goal Form by filling out the following fields:
1) Goal Details
Name: We recommend the format "verb + outcome + time frame"
Description: Provide detail to assist in understanding the Goal.
Visibility: Public vs Private.
Public Goals are transparent across the entire platform.
Category: Ambition categorizes Goals into 4 different areas. These categories help identify that growth is happening in all areas of one's life. Be sure to set a variety of Goals in differing categories.
Contribution: Positively impact bottom line of company, group, or self.
Capability: Acquire new knowledge, skill, or competency.
Connection: Build, develop, or reinforce relationships.
Career: Take action to grow professionally.
Start Date and End Date: The time frame for the Goal.
2) Goal Target
Progress Updates: Will the target automatically be tracked through an existing Metric (Best Practice) Or will this manually be updated through a form (common for Capability and Career Goals)?
If you select Automatic through Existing Metric, you'll be prompted to select the Ambition Metric to track for this Goal.
If you select Manual through Input Form you'll be prompted to provide a Metric Name for the measurement of this Goal (Conferences Attended, Modules Completed, Dollars, etc).
Regardless of how you update the progress of this Goal, you'll be prompted for
- Metric (Which Metric will you track, or what will your Manual Entry Metric be called?)
- Computation (Will this Goal add or average the values it receives)
- Target Value (How will this Goal be reached? What is the success threshold?)
To assign a Goal to yourself, you will select Hierarchy Level User > Custom > you!
A visual preview of this Goal will be generated along with a notification of how many Goals will be created. No data calculations will be computed until after saving.
4. To save this Goal, click the green Create Goal? button.