Ambition can translate Salesforce reports into Ambition metrics. Which is perfect for saving time and handling complex multi-Object metrics.
- Only Tabular and Summary reports are supported. Matrix and Joined reports are not.
- The report must contain a Lookup(User) Field column indicating who will get credit.
- The report must contain a Date Field column indicating when credit should be applied.
- If the report is Tabular it must contain an Object ID column to ensure record uniqueness.
- The report cannot return more than 2,000 records for the given time range, this is a Salesforce limitation.
- The report cannot contain a chart.
- If the report contains Formula fields they must only utilize basic math (+, -, *, /).
- Create a Report folder in Salesforce called Ambition (DO NOT TOUCH)
- If the desired report already exists, save a copy into the new Ambition folder. Otherwise create a new report.
- Establish report filters.
Set Date Field to field correlating to when credit should be received for metric.
Set the Range to Today, This Week, or Last 30 Days.
If you select a Range larger than 30 days, it will be overridden for compliance with the Salesforce limitation of 2,000 rows for a given time range.
Add logic as necessary, for example "Status equals Completed".
- Establish the report format and columns. Save the report.
Add a User Field, Date Field, Object Id column. Ensure that the Date Field column matches the Date Field filter used above.
In the example below Ambition will create a metric with Jared receiving a value of 3 for 8/2/2016 and Travis receiving a value of 2 for 8/2/2016.
Group by User Field and then Group by Date Field. Ensure that the Date Field matches the Date Filter used above.
Add a numerical column to the report, hover over the column header and click the arrow, click Summarize This Field, and then select Sum and/or Average.
In the example below Ambition will create a metric with Joey receiving a count value of 1 for 7/7/2016, 2 for 7/20/2016, 1 for 7/25/2016, and 1 for 7/26/2016.
In addition Ambition will create a metric with Joey receiving a sum value of $39,600 for 7/7/2016, $65,000 for 7/20/2016, $14,580 for 7/25/2016, and $9,900 for 7/26/2016.
- Open the left nav and click Administration > Data > Integrations.
- Click Salesforce from within the Enabled Integrations section.
- Click the Report2Metric tab, search for and select your report.
- Select the relevant Date Field and User Field. Click the Save button.
- Click the Metric Builder tab, find the newly created metric(s), click Edit.
- Rename the metric and add a description. Click the Save button.
Ambition reverse-engineers reports and runs the data through native Apex code to avoid incurring API calls. This is a tedious and imperfect process, there is a possibility that Ambition will not be able to translate your report into a metric. If you are having issues check out the Troubleshooting section, otherwise email us at email@example.com so that we can help diagnose the issue.