What are Smart Benchmarks?
With Ambition's Smart Benchmark system you can:
- Set Ramp Benchmarks by scheduling Benchmark changes into the future
- Adjust individual Benchmarks in line with unique skills or talents
- Adjust overall business expectation to accommodate seasonality or SKO's
Example: Account Executive Seasonality
To accommodate business seasonality, the default Account Executive Quota Benchmark has been set to transition from 15,000 in August to 20,000 in September and then up to 25,000 in November.
Example: New Employee Ramp
Erin, a new Business Development Rep, has a Benchmark that increases from 20 to 120 over the course of six months as she ramps into her new role.
To set up or make changes to Smart Benchmarks:
1. Open the left navigation and click Administration > Scorecards.
2. From within the Scorecard editor click the blue Smart Benchmarks button.
In the Smart Benchmark Grid, you can make changes to columns or individual cells.
Benchmark changes made to columns (dates) will update benchmark values for all contributors in the group. You'll notice that all cells beneath the date call have changed to match your new benchmark value. Additionally, all future dates will be mirrored as well and cascading forward to all future dates infinitely. Make changes to future dates to return benchmark values to their standard level, when appropriate.
- Example above updating the Appointments Held Benchmark for Account Executives as a whole from 8/20/2018 onward.
Changes made to cells (contributors) will cascade forward for that individual contributor infinitely. Make changes to future benchmark cells to return benchmark values to their standard level, when appropriate.
- Example above updating Diego's Individual Benchmark for Appointments Held.